Melaleuca, or Tea Tree oil, is best known for its purifying qualities, which make it ideal for cleansing the skin and home surfaces and purifying the air. There are around 250 species of Tea Tree, most typically found in our island home, Australia. The oil has a herbaceous, woody aroma so it blends well with other invigorating and refreshing essential oils like Peppermint, Eucalyptus and Lemon.
- For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto affected area.
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keeps nails looking healthy.
I love using Tea Tree in all my DIY cleaning recipes. It makes a wonderful and highly effective surface spray in the kitchen and bathroom.
I also use it to freshen up my yoga mats:
Yoga Mat Spray
- 3/4 cup distilled water
- 1/4 cup alcohol-free witch hazel or white vinegar
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops tea tree essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in glass spray bottle.
- Shake until combined.To use, spray on mat and wipe dry with towel.
You can find Tea Tree in the doTERRA Home Essentials Kit or alternatively it is available to purchase individually. If you would like to find out how you can obtain doTERRA essential oils at wholesale prices, please check the ‘essential oil’ and ‘workshop’ page of this website. Alternatively, drop me an email and I will be happy to chat xx
Important note. This site provides general information and discussion about health, wellness and related subjects. Nothing contained in this site is intended to be used as medical advice and it is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your own health professional's advice. If you have an illness, disease, chronic health condition or any medical concern, please consult with your health care practitioner. The author disclaims any liability or responsibility for any loss or damage incurred directly or indirectly by use of or reliance on the information provided on this site.