The peppermint plant is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint. Like Lavender, Peppermint essential oil is incredibly versatile however the high menthol content of the doTERRA Peppermint essential oil sets it apart from others when it comes to quality.
Peppermint essential oil gives a cooling sensation and has a calming effect on the body, which can relieve sore muscles when used topically. It also has antimicrobial properties so it can help freshen bad breath and soothe digestive issues. Whenever I feel the mid afternoon slumps coming on, I place one drop of Peppermint oil and one drop of Wild Orange oil on the palm of my hands and take a nice deep breath. It is an instant uplifter!
Some minty chocolate recipes for you to try:
Choc Mint Slice
- 400g dates (I used a mix of dates and prunes)
- 400g cashews or almonds
- 3 generously heaped spoonfuls of raw cacao powder
- 3 drops of doTERRA peppermint oil
- Blitz in a food processor or thermomix until crumbly. Press into a slice tin and refrigerate until chilled. Cut into teeny squares and enjoy with a hot cup of something.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1 litre of a milk of your choice
- A generous tablespoon of raw cacao
- A generous tablespoon of honey or rice malt syrup
- 2 drops of doTERRA Peppermint oil
- Gently heat all ingredients on the stove and serve when warm. Serves 4
The aroma is minty and warm yet stimulating. It blends well with lavender, eucalyptus, lemon and rosemary. Check out Dr Axe’s 25 Uses for Peppermint Oil for more ideas on how to incorporate this wonderful oil into your life.
You can find Peppermint in the doTERRA Home Essentials Kit or is available to purchase individually. If you would like to find out how you can obtain doTERRA essential oils at wholesale prices, please check the ‘essential oil’ and ‘workshop’ page of this website. Alternatively, drop me an email and I will be happy to chat xx
Important note. This site provides general information and discussion about health, wellness and related subjects. Nothing contained in this site is intended to be used as medical advice and it is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your own health professional's advice. If you have an illness, disease, chronic health condition or any medical concern, please consult with your health care practitioner. The author disclaims any liability or responsibility for any loss or damage incurred directly or indirectly by use of or reliance on the information provided on this site.