The sprint to Christmas is well and truly underway. I feel completely unprepared (a 9 week old will do that!) but have Maddie on school holidays and am hoping that between the two of us, we can get some Christmas gifts made.
This salt scrub works a treat on dry skin, perfect for any time of year.
Sea Salt Body Scrub
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons of sweet almond oil
- ½ cup sea salt
- 10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- Glass jar/s
- Melt the coconut oil in a double boiler to soften, take of the heat and stir in the sweet almond oil.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Once the mixture has cooled (you still want it soft but not hot as it will dissolve the salt) add the sea salt and essential oils.
- Stir well.
- Transfer to a glass jar and store in a cool place.
Shelf life – 4 to 6 months
If you would like to know more about how essential oils can benefit your overall emotional and physical wellness, please let me know. I am incredibly passionate about these oils and firmly believe every household needs them. Please check the ‘essential oil’ and ‘workshop’ page of this website. Alternatively, drop me an email and I will be happy to chat xx
Important note. This site provides general information and discussion about health, wellness and related subjects. Nothing contained in this site is intended to be used as medical advice and it is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your own health professional's advice. If you have an illness, disease, chronic health condition or any medical concern, please consult with your health care practitioner. The author disclaims any liability or responsibility for any loss or damage incurred directly or indirectly by use of or reliance on the information provided on this site