With the arrival of baby Angus, I have been searching for a tried and tested DIY toxic free baby wipe recipe. One of the lovely ladies in my Essential Oils Collective shared this toxic free baby wipe recipe with me. Thank you Dana - this one is perfect!
It is quick to make, cost effective, toxic free and no synthetic fragrance.
You will need
· 2 Tablespoon Fractionated Coconut Oil
· 2 Tablespoon of Unscented Castile Soap
· 2 Cups of Boiling Water
· 40 drops of an essential oil of your choice (this is just under 0.5% dilution rate)
· 2 Plastic containers (the larger Sistema or Décor work perfectly)
· Roll of good quality paper towel
· This recipe makes 2 baby wipe dispensers.
· Using a sharp knife, cut the roll of paper towel in half and place in the plastic containers.
· Combine all ingredients and stir until coconut oil has melted.
· Pour an equal amount of liquid over each of the paper towel halves.
· After a few seconds remove cardboard centre out of roll to pull wipes from the centre.
And there you have it - Safe and gentle baby wipes are done!
Essential oils that are best suited to this project are:
Lavender – incredibly versatile essential oil known for its calming and soothing properties. Soothes occasional skin irritations.
Tea Tree – cleansing, purifying and rejuvenating properties make this an excellent addition to keep babies bottoms fresh and clean.
Roman Chamomile – calming and soothing.
If you would like to find out how you can obtain doTERRA essential oils at wholesale prices, please check the ‘essential oil’ and ‘workshop’ page of this website. Alternatively, drop me an email and I will be happy to chat xx
Important note. This site provides general information and discussion about health, wellness and related subjects. Nothing contained in this site is intended to be used as medical advice and it is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your own health professional's advice. If you have an illness, disease, chronic health condition or any medical concern, please consult with your health care practitioner. The author disclaims any liability or responsibility for any loss or damage incurred directly or indirectly by use of or reliance on the information provided on this site